Saturday, February 21, 2009

An Ode to Daisy May

"I think we are drawn to dogs because they are the uninhibited creatures we might be if we weren't certain we knew better." - George Bird Evans
"Some days you're the dog, some days you're the hydrant." - Unknown
"A dog will quickly turn you into a fool, but who cares? Better your dog than your boss. I'm a fool for my dog and proud of it."
"No matter how little money and how few possessions you own, having a dog makes you rich." - Louis Sabin
Q: What happens when a dog eats onions?A: His bark is worse than his bite.
'Tis sweet to hear the watch dog's honest bark Bay deep-mouthed welcome as we draw near home; 'tis sweet to know there is an eye will mark Our coming and look brighter when we come. Lord Byron
Thorns may hurt you, men desert you, sunlight turn to fog;but you're never friendless ever, if you have a dog. Douglas Mallock
I talk to him when I'm lonesome like;And I'm sure he understands.When he looks at me so attentively,And gently licks my hands;Then he rubs his nose on my tailored clothes,But I never say naught thereat.For the good Lord knows I can buy more clothes,But never a friend like that. W. Dayton Wedgefarth
We love you, Daisy May!

No comments: