Monday, May 11, 2009

Two Little Shadows

TWO LITTLE SHADOWS
I saw a young mother with eyes full of laughter
and two little shadows came following after.
Wherever she moved they were always right there
holding onto her skirts, hanging onto her chair.
Before her, behind her, and adhesive pair.
"Don't you ever get weary as, day after day,
your two little tagalongs get in the way?"
She smiled as she shook her pretty little head,
and I'll always remember the words that she said.
"It's good to have shadows that run when you run,
that laugh when you're happy, and hum when you hum.
For you only have shadows WHEN YOUR LIFE'S FILLED WITH SUN!"
I just came across this poem. Boy did it hit me in the head. Lately I've felt very...hmmm, shall we say velcro-like with my kids. I haven't had much of a break. I've been losing patience and being sidetracked by the responsibilities rather than seeing the privilege it is to have kids. But this poem sure puts it into perspective. Yes, the last couple weeks have been tough, but nothing can shadow the joy that raising children can bring. My life is filled with sunshine because the Son has blessed me so graciously. Thank you, Lord!

No comments: