Friday, January 1, 2010

Galina Ballerina

Galina has been taking dance class since summer. She had her first "show" a couple of weeks ago. So I packed up the kids (including Bryce) and headed over to the studio. Here we are waiting anxiously as the dancers are on deck.
Wall-ah! The dancers come from back stage to take their place.
I had absolutely no idea how she was going to do. If you knew Galina, you'd know what I mean.
I was anxiously awaiting her performance, quite literally.
The teacher came out to introduce herself only to be interrupted by none other than you-know-who.
"Hi, I'd like to welcome you all to our show. My name is Miss Kim..."
"And I'm Miss Galina!!!!"
Now that the whole audience knew her name, and Miss Kim finished her intro, it was time for the dancing to begin.
All the world's a stage for Galina. This was simply a natural outflow of her normal everyday experience.
Next they went back to get ready for their Sugar Plum Fairy dance.
She was groovin'!
What a ham!
Tap was next.
She loves tap more than anything and had to wait for the other girls to get their tap shoes on.
You can tell she got ready herself. Notice the shoes.
Tap shoes on the wrong feet won't stop her, however! She was amazing!!!! Born to dance!
There is nothing more wonderful than seeing happiness in children. And when it's your own children....words can't express the joy it brings.
This realization made me think: Just as a parent delights in his child, I believe God delights in us. This was a good reminder for me during this season. Enjoy what He has given me, relish in the day to day, and thank Him for each and every opportunity that comes my way. Often the to-do list ominously overshadows the day. I vow to work on preventing that from happening and instead soak up the moments of happiness as they come...just as my Galina ballerina does.
"I have come that they may have life and have it to the full." -John 10:10

2 comments:

mike said...

So cute, Tiffany! Just checked out your blog after many months! Love having Christmas break with time on my hands! Sounds like your little ones are doing so well!
Love you!
L of SS

Cassandra Frear said...

Delightful post and pictures to go with it.

I was a dancer, years ago.