Friday, January 8, 2010

"I'm Happy at You"

It's a wonder how kids pick up on things. The other day I heard Treyton shout, "Galina, I'm mad at you!" I understood. She is gifted at messing things up.
For the next few hours Treyton kept reminding me, "Mommy, I'm mad at Galina." As if I could forget. The battling went on most of the morning.
A few days later I got a hug from this motley lady. She can't hide emotions.
It's just not in her make-up.
I am growing to accept this.
Anyways, what came out of her mouth was so endearing to me. Embraced in a leg bear hug to my legs, I heard a little voice say, "I'm happy at you Mommy."
"I'm happy at you." The world is a wonderful place indeed...messed up or not.

1 comment:

Deb said...

Oh, how sweet.

And when they're happy, they're really happy.

If they could just stay that way.

Sweet dreams.