Thursday, May 13, 2010

Book Review- This Fine Life


This Fine Life by Eva Marie Everson is a great story that surrounds a journey of love, loyalty, and determination. Mariette, the main character and whose perspective tells the story, is a believable character. Struggles of obedience, purpose, emotion, submission all face this young woman at the beginning of the book. It started a little slow, but since the prologue was curious, I read on. It wasn’t long before I was caught up in the tale.
The book is divided into segments which mark different phases of Mariette’s life. The flow and pace of the book is good, not too fast or slow. Dialogue was believable and problems true to life. I could relate to the struggles and joys which took place in this story. It was beautifully written. The characters had a way of staying with me even when I wasn’t reading the book. I only wish for a sequel!

If you are looking for a book that’s easy to read, relaxing, and in a sense, motivating, this book fits the bill.

(Available May 2010 at your favorite bookseller from Revell, a division of Baker Publishing Group.)

No comments: