Saturday, January 15, 2011

Rachael Ray Lies

Today I started two fires.  In the kitchen.  Yep, flames and all.
The first was when I was trying to boil water.  And I'm sad to say that this isn't the first time I've burned something boiling water. 

I began by filling a pot in the sink.  But lo and behold I had a gogurt pusher-upper in the same sink. 
Well, it stuck to the bottom of the pot, unbeknown to me. 

About 5 minutes later I was blowing out flames as if it were my 100th birthday.

Later in the day I decided to make muffins.  According to Rachel Ray's Thanksgiving show, you can put a pan on the bottom of the oven.  The bottom of the oven acts as another shelf when you need oven space.  That's where I heard that lie.

After about 7 minutes I smelled smoke.  Upon opening the oven door I was blown away by the big smoke cloud that escaped.  The muffin pan was on fire.  Not only did I lose my pan (a gift from my sister), I burnt the MN oven mitt (a gift from my parents) that I took the thing out with.  At least it stopped there.

The good news is that the other two levels of muffins are okay.  I know you were worried.
The bad news is that now I have to go make dinner.  Hopefully we still have a home after that event.

p.s.  Bryce said that Rachel Ray probably meant a glass or metal dish, not one of those rubbery baking pans.  I'm still holding her responsible!

No comments: