Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Tigers

Treyton's favorite sport is baseball.  Even though neither Bryce nor I was into it, the boy has it in his blood.  I know my grandpa was a terrific baseball player, and I remember Bryce telling me his was too.  So I guess it skipped a generation but the boy is pretty good.
 His team was the Tigers this year.
 Treyton had to learn positions this year.  At the beginning of the season he kept running to the ball no matter where it landed on the field.  Then he'd scoop it up and throw it to 1st base.  Some kids just stood there.  Even if it landed right in front of them.  I would've been one of those kids.
 By the end of the season he had the positioning down.  He liked playing short stop and the pitcher's position. 
We've observed that he's not big into contact sports (just like his mom and dad) but he loves being part of the action.
I think coaches of Little League should have a special place in heaven!  The coach, PJ, was amazingly patient, encouraging, and organized.  Best coach we've had yet!  They really learned things this year.  And recently, we saw PJ again at Treyton's school for kindergarten.  His son is in Treyton's class!

Someday I'm sure I'll be able to watch all of a practice or game.
But I had two little ladies to keep track of as well.  Ones with lots of spunk and energy.
So I showed them how to roll down the hill.
That kept them busy for almost a whole practice.
Then there was this amazing park near by.  Not close enough for them to be off by themselves, however much they tried.  A constant temptation.
 We passed it to and from each practice and game and, if time allowed, I'd let them play a little.
One thing I love about T-ball season is how it turns Bryce into a shameless sports hero.
This year he taught Treyton how to practice throwing at a pillow target.
It was pretty cute when Daisy dog went after the fly balls.

The season is over now but I know will be back again next year.  So until then....

No comments: