Sunday, November 11, 2012

Cub Scouts

 A month or two ago Treyton found his nitch...Cub Scouts!
 He loves it!  Everything about it.  I remember my dad and brother being actively involved all my life and know that it is an amazing program.
 This particular week they learned about "rescue heroes".  They met local firefighters, police officers, search and rescue dogs, etc.
They follow a pledge/promise that goes:
 
I, (name), promise to do my best,
To do my duty to God and my country,
To help other people, and
To obey the Law of the Pack.
 
I was curious what the Law of the Pack was so I looked it up:
 
The Cub Scout follows Akela.
The Cub Scout helps the pack go.
The pack helps the Cub Scout grow.
The Cub Scout gives goodwill.
 
And the Cub Scout motto:
Do your best.
A great reminder for all of us!

No comments: