Saturday, August 23, 2008

Rain, rain come and stay!

You would have thought I took the kid to Disneyland. Instead I took him to Super Target. In the rain. The heavy, pouring rain. Buckets and sheets. Not my idea of fun, but boy did it strike a chord with Treyton. I put on our rainjackets, loaded him in the car since he begged to go with instead of staying home with Daddy, and drove off. His excitement about getting to be out in the store was palpable. We got out of the van and his giggling began. His little hoppy-run in his blue raincoat was so cute. My sluggish mood that match the weather was suddenly transformed. I absolutely love kids! They help you see the world in a whole new way. Something as simple as running through the rain that would normally bring about frustration for me magically became an adventure. He is my smile personified. Thank you, Lord, for entrusting me with this little boy who has such a big place in my heart.

No comments: