Friday, August 15, 2008

A flower from my boy

While we were coming in yesterday Treyton stopped, stooped down, and picked this.
Why is this so significant? Because of what he said next.

"Mommy here is a flower for you."

As a mommy of a boy, I've waited for this day. Not that I like flowers all that much or anything. In fact, I've told Bryce not to get me flowers. (I'd rather have a mylar balloon, candy, or new pens.) But, the idea that my boy wanted to give me something beautiful, a flower, was heartwarming. A sweet boy thing to do. For his beloved mommy.

So I took him inside to take pictures of this memorable moment.

So adorable that kid is with the tiny "flower" for mommy. Notice that he didn't include the icky stem....just the pretty part.

After the pictures I said, "Okay, let's go get some water to put my flower in."

"No, you can't have it."

"But Treyton, you picked that for mommy. Isn't it for me?"

"No, I don't think so. I want the flower."

"But Treyton...."

"NO MOMMY. IT'S MY FLOWER!"

"Are you sure? Don't you want me to have it?"

"Nope."

Oh good heavens, so much for my special moment.

No comments: