Saturday, November 8, 2008

Halloween

It's Halloween! H-A-double L-O-W-double E-N spells Halloween! I still remember that song from my 6th grade Halloween celebration. Back when we could celebrate holidays in school. Now, I've always loved Halloween. It was my favorite holiday growing up. I remember the one Halloween that I was sick and couldn't go trick or treating. (I know you are feeling sorry for me right now. If not, you'd better! How sad for poor little me.) But, my wonderful brother went with an extra bag and told everyone his sister was sick. They took pity on him and gave him extra candy. He then stole all the good stuff and game me the leftovers. But still I got candy. This was the most love I felt from my brother during the majority of my years growing up with him. I think I still have some bruises from him beating me up as a kid.
I used to like every part of Halloween but in the last decade or so I've been really turned off by the creepy, crawly, and evil things of this holiday. I stay clear from the witches, ghosts, and goblins. However, I embrace the pumpkins, scarecrows, and autumn-related things. I remember a boyfriend I had who, after I had decorated my house for fall, went all over screaming whenever he saw a scarecrow. I had a bunch of them. Maybe you had to be there.
This Halloween we decided to head over to a near-by church for their carnival. Galina loved showing off her new walking.After playing a few games we headed into the auditorium for a ventriloquist's show. Of course Galina wasn't satisfied just sitting. She made her way to the front to perform for everyone. I heard that the fear of public speaking is worse than the fear of death. Not for Galina. Come to think of it....she's not scared of either! Here's Bryce taking candy from our baby. Notice his sleeper hold on Treyton if Treyton should put up a stink about it.
Poor kid.
Finally the show began!
After a about 15 minutes we bailed. It wasn't worth any more of our trick or treat time! We went home and finished the evening getting our loot from around the neighborhood.
We're still on a sugar high....happily ever after~

No comments: