Monday, March 16, 2009

Fun Bugs

I am not a bug person, but this is a craft I couldn't resist to try. I just took a box to use the cardboard. Then I cut out a bug shape.
Next I cut little slits along the body of the bug.
Find some string and ignore the messy kitchen. To decorate the body I taped a piece of string to the back of the bug. To help get Treyton started, I threaded the string through one of the body slits.
This is where Treyton took over. He pulled the thread to the other side and put it through another slit. We pulled the string to the first side going along the back this time.
Back and forth, front to back and it looks like this.
Treyton wanted to add some more string so I found some orange and repeated the process.
I made the antenneas by curling them around a pen.
And Treyton glued them on along with googly eyes.
Treyton wanted his bug to have wings so I cut some out, requested in blue, and Treyton taped them on the back. I figured tape would be more durable than glue when he began to fly his bug (throw it) as I knew he would.
And there is the finished project. He was so proud of this one!

No comments: