Thursday, June 25, 2009

Fun things in MN

Here are some fun things from MN:
Galina loved playing dress up in Madina's clothes. The kids got to jump on a trampoline. They could spend forever out there!
The tire swing brought loads of laughs.
We had a BBQ at my sister's house. Here's Galina and Aunt Amy.
Treyton enjoyed playing on Carter's horse.
Cuddling with Grandma Kay.
Playing with baby Carter, Aunt Amy, and Grandpa Don.
And Uncle Jake....Treyton adores this man my sister married.
One super cool thing about this BBQ is that my aunt, cousin Jennifer, and her husband with their new baby were able to come too. This is a picture of my grandma with most of her grandchildren and great-grandchildren. Missing are Lindsey (Jennifer's sis) and my bro Brent.
Here's my favorite cousin. She and I were inseparable growing up. Whenever we got to see each other we dressed alike, played for hours without fighting, and shared a special friendship that I've never shared with anyone else. A kindred spirit at heart. Although life has separated us through the years, she is still as special to me as ever.
My parents live in a circle. And when you grow up in one, you become very close to the neighbors who share the circle. When we were visiting the youngest graduated from high school. (They had moved in while the rest of us were in elementary school.) So she had a grad party and invited all the old neighbors. Three of the group couldn't be there (Brent, Dawn, and Andy). But here's the rest of us. And another thing you share when living in the same circle with kids is teachers. Lo and behold, I ran into my 2nd grade teacher at her party! She was one of my favorite teachers of all time. All of us Thielen kids had her and loved her. She looks exactly the same as she did in 1982.
So fun to go back home!

No comments: