Tuesday, August 11, 2009

You Know I'm at the End of My Rope When...

I let my 4 yr old ride on a motorcycle with my husband. I just wanted a few moments to myself. I've felt burnt out lately, hugely pregnant, and emotionally exhausted.
So when Treyton came running in saying he needed his tennis shoes on, after Bryce came home from work on his motorcycle, I knew something was up.
My deep down mommy instinct was screaming, "Noooooo!", but the exhausted, tired, and ready to give up surface mommy was shouting, "Just let him go so you get a little break."
The surface mommy won.
Galina and Daisy waited as they rode around for a bit. I just stood there in peace for a few minutes, breathing deeply.
I knew this day would come, just not this early.
I came to my senses when I saw them pulling up.
My first born on a motorcycle riding through the neighborhood? With no helmet? What kind of mother am I?
I just had to sigh and shake my head.
Boys will be boys, I guess.
By the way, doesn't Bryce look HOT in his motorcycle get-up? Whew!

No comments: