Monday, August 31, 2009

Zoo...Finally!

All summer I've been wanting to take the kids to the zoo. Finally, as summer is just about over, we made it. We went with Treyton's friend, Michael. These two boys will be in the same preschool class this year. I met his mom the first year I was in MOPs. We both had newborns, were assigned to the same table, and connected right away. Jenn and I have lots in common. I'm so thankful for her!
A highlight was this jaguar. Sitting right there. Reach out and touch. Treyton loves jaguars due to Diego who has a baby jaguar pet. Treyton, on the other hand, has a heart monkey on his back.
He wore it all day. All week, actually.
Galina loved two animals best. One was the giraffe. She didn't want to take a picture because she just wanted to watch the giraffes.
"Ahhh....I got my way," thinks Galina. She stared at them in awe.
Then we headed over to the tropics building and were "welcomed" by this snake. The boys didn't want anything to do with it, but Galina snuck through the crowd to touch it. I just know it...right now Bryce is saying, "That's my girl!"
This huge snapping turtle mesmerized Treyton. It was bigger than him! Quite different than the turtle that lives in Bryce's office.
We splurged and took a train ride. Here are Michael and Treyton waiting for it to come.
Treyton wanted to be in the back and being a good sister, Galina followed.
The preggo woman joined them.
Here was Galina's other favorite animal....the hippo. Since she wouldn't turn around I grabbed Treyton to get a picture. The tired boy nicely said "cheese" to his mommy for the last time before stopping at McD's for ice cream on the way home.
What a fun day!

No comments: