Tuesday, September 1, 2009

What's in the pot?

I was motivated this morning to cook. Whenever that happens I take full advantage of it! I'm hardly ever in the mood to cook. Thank goodness for crockpots. As I said I'm hardly ever in the mood to cook, but I am NEVER in the mood to cook at night. That's why there are crockpots. For people like me. Someone who hates to cook must've invented them. Or a morning person.

I washed and cut up some potatoes (4 0r 5), skins on as that's where all the flavor and nutrients are, and cut up some onions (1 large).

Then I got 3 frozen chicken breasts (they were huge!) and mixed them in with the veggies.

On top, I placed a large thing of fresh mushrooms. I know they don't take as long to cook so that's why they're on top.

In a separate bowl I mixed 2 cans Cream of Mushroom soup, 1 bag of dry onion soup mix, and 1/3 cup cooking sherry. Then I poured it over the top. I set the crockpot for 8-10 hrs on low.

This is such a good recipe and not hard! It works with all sorts of beef as well as chicken or turkey for the meat, by the way.
Can't wait for dinner tonight!

1 comment:

Wendi Garland said...

We're making this tonight for dinner! I've been thinking about it ever since you wrote your post, thanks for the idea Tiff!