Monday, September 14, 2009

He IS Excited

My husband, Bryce is a pretty even-keeled, reserved person. In other words, the absolute opposite of me. So sometimes it's hard to tell what he really feels about things. But this weekend, I gathered the clues and concluded that he is excited for our new baby.

The first clue was when he went to Sam's club to get a special device similar to a "nanny cam". Sure, he dismissed it as something we could use to get the camper in the garage, to have extra security when and where we need it, yada, yada, yada. But really, he likes to spy on his babies and make sure all is well, protecting them if you will. He set it up in Galina's room and watched it like a movie. He mentioned more than once getting an attachment for each of the kids' rooms so we could spy on all of them. His contained enthusiasm was cute. Really cute.

The next thing he did this weekend was go on-line and order a bucket seat for his truck. Right now the max amount of people who can fit is 5...barely. With a bucket seat, we could fit 6. Did you hear that? Six! I asked him jokingly, "Why? So we can fit all 4 kids and us?" (I have always wanted more kids than him.) He answered "Yes." Simply stated but world changing for me. Four kids (if God blesses us that way) may be in the future. My heart did a flutter as any woman's would who wants to raise a school of children. Praise the Lord, praise the Lord, praise the LORD!

For anyone out there in cyberworld who is married to a reserved engineer, you know how to look for clues. The Sherlock Holmes in me may be wrong, but all the clues point to one solution: Bryce is really, really excited to be a daddy again. And he's a good one at that! Him being excited makes me even more excited. I didn't think that was possible! Yea! Yipee!

1 comment:

Wendi Garland said...

(Wendi, cheering): Go for 4! Go for 4! Yeah 4 kids!

But 3 is great too :)

LOVED this post...