Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Book Review - If I Could Ask God Anything

If I Could Ask God Anything, by Kathryn Slattery is a book geared towards elementary aged kids attempting to answer questions of faith, religion, and life. It is divided into sections organized by questions based on a topic: God, The Bible, Prayer, Being a Christian to name a few. Each answer includes relevant Bible verses which is helpful.
To me, this book was okay but definitely not my favorite. I think that several questions were not really answered. Of course it’s hard to agree on everything relating to some big theological issues, but I felt that several fell short of my expectations. The Bible itself answers many of these questions better. Oversimplification was a problem as well as some answers I may not totally have agreed on. But all in all, it was a good book, just not one that I would solely use without some active parenting.

No comments: