Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Forkupines

We decided to make some porcupines using a sophisticated painting technique.
First I had Treyton cut out oval shaped bodies.
And the sophisticated painting technique was really fancy.
If you consider plastic forks fancy.
We had some extra plastic forks laying around since they don't work well on burnt food.
My cooking includes a lot of burnt food.
Anyway, I had the kids dip a fork into a variety of colors and stamp them on the paper oval that Treyton had cut out to instantly create quills.
They enjoyed this more than my cooking, to be sure.
My poor kids.  When a gormet dinner includes cereal you can't help but feel sorry for them.
Next we took some glue and stuck the bodies on a sheet of paper.
All kids like to glue.  It gives them a sense of control, I think.

Then we drew a head, tail, and feet.
And there you have it....
Forkupines!

1 comment:

Melinda said...

Adorable!! What a fun summer day project. You'll definitely remember these days -- and so will your cute kiddos.

Love your girl in the ballet outfit. Now that brings back memories! Sniff.

Thanks for stopping by my blog last week... it was nice to see your Sunshiney face again! ;0) I will definitely keep you posted on how my new "Do It Yourself" philosophy plays out at my house. I've already got some follow-up post ideas in mind! ;0)