Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Griping About the Snow

Sometimes living in Colorado makes me shake my head.  Like today.  This is what it looks like out my front door. 
 And we've had snow there for several weeks so it's not like this happened over night.
But schools were delayed today.  Last week there were two snow days.  And another the week before that!  What is with these people?
Growing up in Minnesota, I think I could count the  number of snow days we had on one hand.  In thirteen years of education (K-12).  And once in college they closed all schools since the windchill was -40 degrees.  They don't close schools in Minnesota unless there has been over 3 ft of snow fallen in one night.  And that's not even certain as the snowplow system is so unbelievable there.
So I'm griping today because I had to take Galina to gymnastics.  I got the kids up, dressed, fed, and loaded.  Scraped the car and headed out.  I got there in time to find no one else there.  Since the schools were delayed, gymnastics was canceled.

Since I was out I decided to go to the library.  Drove over and found a sign on the door (after unloading everyone and trudging through the snowy parking lot).  They were going to open late as well.

For Pete's sakes!

I headed back, loading up the kids again. 

I hate car seats in the winter.

Luckily we headed to a grocery store that WAS open.  So my trip was not a total waste.  But come on, Coloradoans!  You have no idea.  You'd never stand a chance living in Minnesota!

This is a picture of Grandpa Don, Galina, and Daisy in Minnesota over Christmas break.  It's in the cul-de-sac out in the front of their house.  Notice the ROOF of the house across the street.  Now THAT is snow!  I rest my case.

No comments: