Sunday, July 22, 2012

Summer Kick-off Camping Trip

Just after the school year ended we took a camping trip with some friends.  Here are my best friend Wenfang's kids Jeremy and Amy.
They had a fun playground area complete with a little old fashioned town.

Hide and seek, Star Wars, and house...the playing possibilities were endless.
Then there was this little thing.
Her first camping trip.  I just can't get enough of that smile!
Here's where we stuck the other 3.
It was soooo windy out that weekend.  Our saving grace was that they had a pool.  Indoor at that! Jeff, Wenfang's husband (back left) helped with Brielle.  Sean and Galina are in love.  Sean's dad Jason was kind enough to enforce the 12 inch rule.  He is a cop by profession so they listened to him.
My boy Treyton who loves to swim...just like his daddy!
Speaking of which, Bryce got in with the three kids. 
My little Galina was soaking in the fun.  She is best known for that.

Here are the three dads.  Notice policeman Jason still patrolling the lovebirds?
Oh no, they got away!  Ryan (bottom right) is Sean's brother.  He must've seen their jailbreak.
Poor Ainsley spent most of the time in her chair or in my arms.  I have to admit that thought I used to enjoy camping, I don't anymore.  Perhaps it's the kids' age, perhaps it's that I've become such a fair weather person, perhaps it's the constant dirtiness,  perhaps it's the work before and after, perhaps it's that I so appreciate my home....whatever the reason, I just don't enjoy it much.  But the rest of my family does so I do it.  I have to admit, however that having a pool and friends for the kids made it better.
Every time we're with Jeff he has to have a baby fix.  He was kind enough to share his hat with Ainsley.
Brielle loves her treats!  Gotta love a two year old eating marshmallows.
But not the mess it creates.  UGH!

No comments: