Wednesday, November 7, 2012

Election 2012

Well, it's hard to beat Santa Claus.  Near impossible.  Thanks for that, Rush.

I came across a blog entry that I thought was encouraging.  God is on His throne and in THAT, we can rest.  Here's the post....

Election 2012
Written by Lana Williams

Because I am immensely blessed to be a citizen of the United States of America, I will soon go to the polls to vote.

I will not vote for a Savior. There is one Savior for our world. He came and he died for us and he is coming again. He is the Living God, the Savior of all men, in whom we put our hope. 1 Tim 4: 10.

I will not vote for a King. My King alone is immortal. He is THE King of all kings, the Lord of all lords. 1 Tim 6:15

I will not vote for an Ultimate Authority. My Lord has all authority in heaven and earth Matt 28:17.

There is none...not one...who will not bow before Him. “Therefore God exalted him to the highest place, and gave him the name that is above every name, that at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, in heaven and on earth and under the earth, and every tongue confess that Jesus is Lord, to the glory of God the Father.” Philippians 2:9-11

I pray that those elected will become righteous leaders for our country. I believe that, “Righteousness exalts a nation but sin is a disgrace to any people.” Proverbs 14:34. And I will put my trust in God for His ways are not always my ways.

By doing that, on the day after the election, whether my emotions are high or low, whatever the condition of my flesh, I will rejoice in God my Maker. I will pray for my leaders and I will pledge allegiance “to the flag of the United States of America and to the republic for which it stands, one nation under God....” I will renew my pledge of allegiance to my Savior and I will choose to set my mind on “things above, not on earthly things” Colossians 3: 2.

I am prayed up and I am read up. I have listened to my Lord and am confident in my decisions. I will vote, placing the future of all those I love in the capable hands of the Lord God Almighty, Maker of heaven and earth.

No comments: