Tuesday, June 24, 2008

The Cuddler

The tooth isn't through yet.
She's been working on it for weeks now, but Galina's 2nd big front tooth has failed to make its debut. Right now she is lopsided. She has her left big front tooth and the one following it. If I were a dentist I could tell you the name of it. Or if I wasn't so lazy, I could go look it up. Anyways, the smaller one on the left side is in as well. But that big front right tooth isn't.

This is her this morning. Gorgeous hair I might add.

Normally this would cause most moms to shiver with despair. The crying, the pooping, the lack of sleeping, the constantly snotty nose, the pain (both the kid and mom!) that goes with teething is not fun to say the least. But this time around I'm not complaining. My sweet darling girl has become a cuddle queen. She snuggles so intensely and so often when she is teething that I can hardly get anything done. Up until yesterday this has bothered me. But I've decided to change my attitude. Last night when I was putting her to bed she just melted into my chest, head resting softly on my shoulder. These are the moments. These are the days. I will cherish that memory forever. My baby in the arms of her comforter. I won't always be her comforter, but for now I will embrace every chance I get. Despite the mess. Despite the unmade dinner. Despite my agenda. Just for today may we all remember to embrace the sweet moments of life that come and go so very quickly.

No comments: