Friday, January 30, 2009

By Golly, He's Got It!

Usually I feel like I'm the only one listening to myself around here. Broken record, talkin' to the hand, that sort of thing. But Treyton made me stop in my tracks yesterday. We had a bunch of his trucks out, and he was calling an excavator a scoop and a backhoe. Now for the record, Bryce has hammered into me the differences among the various construction trucks and is persistent on me using the correct terminology for each vehicle in Treyton's collections. (I used to call everything a scoop.) I told him the giant excavator was called that...or a scoop. He said, "Yeah Mom, they can have different names.....just like Jesus." Just like Jesus?!?!! Maybe he is hearing me! This is the cry of my heart. I so badly want him to know my Lord and Savior and walk with him all the days of his life. To know the strength and comfort that resides there. Peace personified. Jesus, Lord, Son, Savior, Prince of Peace, God....he's right. Jesus has different names but is the same. Just like his scoop. Thanks, Lord, for this encouraging moment in my day. I needed that.

No comments: