Friday, February 13, 2009

Valentine Suncatcher

Treyton was singing away. He inherited my singing skills, so to combat them I decided to help him make a suncatcher. We took some black paper, folded it in half, and cut out a heart.Just like you learn in 2nd grade.
Then I cut another heart to make the middle open.
He's still singing.
Next we taped wax paper to the back of the heart outline.
The singing slowed down.
And finally stopped! My trick worked.
Then we slathered glue on the wax paper.
And Treyton added the tissue paper.
Now a hint to the wise. I think it would be better to tape the black heart frame onto the wax paper after the kid adds the tissue paper. Otherwise you will encounter this mess.
But since the wax paper was just taped on part of the back, it was easy for me to tuck the tissue paper behind the heart frame.
Here Treyton is relishing in his production.
Let the light shine!

No comments: