Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Valentine Wreath

It's upon us. Valentine's Day is this week, and we haven't done anything to celebrate....yet. So I decided to grab my 3 1/2 yr old and get to work. First I cut out a bunch of hearts. Then I got a paper plate.
Next I cut out the middle of the plate.
Then I just added some glue.
Now the fun part...putting on the hearts!
I soon discovered that a styrofoam plate and Elmer's glue don't work so well. So I shifted to my favorite tacky glue. It did the trick. It always does, actually. I love that glue!
I was going to have Galina do this craft too as it is totally in her range of abilities, but she was having so much fun running around, yelling into a cup, that I just didn't disturb her.
Nice hair, Galina. What? Did you stick your finger in a light socket again?
And there's the finished project.
It took under 10 minutes start to finish and adds a little festivity to the house.
Happy Valentine's Day!

No comments: