Friday, July 30, 2010

Birthday Party

We had a few kids over from Treyton's preschool class to celebrate Treyton and Galina's birthday.
We tried out the slip and slide for the first time.  It was a hit, of course.  How can you go wrong with a slip and slide?
Back when I was a kid (did I really just say that?),we used a sprinkler and as much plastic as we could scrounge up.  Kids these days have it easy.  We had to work for our fun.
They enjoyed Bryce's freshly redone swingset too.
We got 'em all squirt bottles.  That one, Eli, didn't put it down. He especially enjoyed tormenting the girls.
Addison, Treyton's girl, didn't miss the party.  How cute are they?  I can't stand it!  Put a veil on her and a tux on him right now.  She's the sweetest thing.  Good choice, my boy.
As the party progressed, weird things began happening.  Like a wheelbarrow on the slip and slide.
And turning squirt bottles on oneself.
And mommies snatching up babies that were not their own.  This is my friend Andrea.  She's such a thoughtful and loving woman.
But all that stopped when cake time came.
It's dangerous having me be in charge of the cake.  My favorite treat in the entire world is bakery style cake.  I want more kids just so I can buy more cakes for birthdays.  Yum!
Such serious candle blowing.
I loved having an outside table filled with kids.  If it were inside, it might have been a different story, however. Thank goodness for a nice sunny day.
Notice Galina is absent from this photo. Poor thing. She ended up getting sick! What a way to end your birthday party, huh?
I just can't believe my babies are 3 and 5 already. Where does the time go?

No comments: