Friday, July 30, 2010

Little Birdies

If you're looking for a really easy craft, here it is.  I took a paper grocery bag and cut out nest shapes.
Kids glued them onto a background sheet.
I was planning on letting them glue on some shredded wheat to create "texture" and a more realistic looking nest.  But honestly, I just didn't have it in me.  Oh well.  Better luck next time, kids.

As they were gluing cotton balls onto the tops of the nests to form the birds, I worked on the beaks.  To make the birds' beaks I just folded a piece of orange paper.
And cut out a triangle shape.
Glue them onto the cotton ball birds, add eyes with a Sharpie, and there you have it.  Three birdies in a nest.  Without shredded wheat.  Texture is overrated.
I started singing, "Rub-a-dub-dub three birds in a tub."  Don't start.  I guaranteed you will be singing it for at least an hour.  :)

1 comment:

Gidget Girl Reading said...

those turned out cute! i'm featuring them on a new post i'm writing for winning readings hope that is ok