Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Book Review: One Hand, Two Hands

Sometimes young children’s books are too simplistic for adult enjoyment. But not One Hand, Two Hands by Max Lucado. This wonderfully illustrated book has simple words with a strong message. Hands can be used to be kind to others, help others, and to love others. Various ideas of those three themes are presented in the book. The book ends with a prayer, “One hand, two hands, five fingers, ten….God thanks for my hands. Please, use them again.”

I enjoyed the clever objective of this book. Using concrete examples to illustrate what we can do to make a difference in this world will appeal to children and adults alike. The illustrations by Gaby Hansen are superb, of highest quality. I highly recommend this sweet book.
This book was given to me for review by Tommy Nelson Publishers. The opinions are my own. I was not paid for this review.

No comments: