Sunday, September 19, 2010

Gone Fishin'

This summer Treyton and Bryce were on a mission.
They were bound and determined to catch a fish.
In Estes Park they didn't have much luck.
But when they switched over to Poudre Canyon, the story changed.
The fish were teeming.
Bryce, Treyton, and Galina decided it was worth their time.
Unfortunately I was not able to get a picture of Treyton's first fish but I was able to "catch" Galina's. 
Watching this brought me back to my early days fishing in Minnesota.  From the docks, the canoe, the borrowed fishing boats at the rented cabin, I remember my dad pulling in the fish, me squirming away, him throwing the sunfish and catfish back in after I would have nothing to do with them, and then going back to simply sitting and being.
There is something therapeutic about fishing.
You can be doing nothing but something at the same time.
Once the fish were caught, Daisy was let loose.
The dog actually smiles when she gets to go swimming.  I kid you not.

I was even able to sit still for a little while.
And Bryce's paternal grandparents joined us.  Ruth had a way with Brielle.
Every time the woman held her, Brielle fell asleep!  Just like that! 
It was a good thing too since nobody got any sleep in the camper.  Ahh, the joys of camping.

No comments: