Monday, February 20, 2012

Grandma's 90th Birthday

My parents were so generous to fly Ainsley and me out to Minnesota to celebrate my grandma's 90th birthday.

Here are four generations!
This is Steph and Wally.  Wally is my grandma's nephew, my mom's cousin.  I consider them my aunt and uncle even though they aren't technically.  Wonderful people!
Here are John, Mary, Grandma, Alice, and Kenny.  Alice is my dad's sister and Mary is her daughter.   
I don't think I've seen cousin Mary since Bryce and I got married. Growing up, many people said we were very much alike in looks and disposition. That's good because I really like Mary!

Here are Wally and Steph's two daughters.  Since they are considered my aunt and uncle, their kids have always been considered my cousins even though they are not...technically.  Melissa has two kids and Rebecca has three.
Marat had some sort of hockey thing this day but here are my parents with Madina, June, and my brother Brent. 
The Thielen siblings!  Me, Brent, and Amy.

Another picture of my "cousins" Rebecca, Melissa, and my sister Amy.  That sweet baby is Melissa's Megan.
My dad and his sister Alice.  Hard to believe she's 15 years older than he is!
And my sister Amy who I still call Lou.  Don't know why, it's just how we roll.
Here's my dearest cousin Jennifer.  We were such good buddies growing up despite the fact that she is a Wisconsinite and I was a Minnesotan.  We could play for hours on end.  It was such a treat to see her again!  We hardly ever get to anymore.  I just love her!


Here's Grandma Ruth with her two daughters, my mom Kay and my aunt Karel.  I hadn't seen Karel in a long time either. (Jennifer, above, is her daughter.) I think it was shortly after Galina was born.  So good to see  her again!
Me getting to enjoy some time alone with Ainsley.
Here's one of my grandma's sisters, Tootie.  She's such a love.  It wasn't until I was in high school that I learned her real name was actually Beatrice.  The nickname Tootie fits her so well.
Thank yo so much Madre and Father for allowing me to share this special time with you.  What a gift!

No comments: