Thursday, September 23, 2010

Book Review: No Girls Allowed

No Girls Allowed by Jayce O’Neal is a wonderful devotional book for boys. I loved the structure of this book. It’s organized well for both parents and kids. Each begins with a Bible verse that is the basis for the devotion. Then comes the devotion. Next is a prayer relating to the theme. Then there is some sort of game such as word searches, secret codes, and unscramble puzzles. Following that is a “Things To Do” list about how to put the topic into action in a boy’s life. Very practical and hands-on. Next comes “Things To Remember” which is full of other pertinent Bible verses relating to the theme. And finally there is a wisdom section which contains quotes from both historical and modern people from all walks of life.


I enjoyed the devotional stories which were the perfect length. They were long enough to get the point across while not being too lengthy for an active young boy. The content varied for all interests and covered many relevant issues.

This devotional book was not cheesy as I’ve found some to be. With the added sections as described above, the book is well-rounded and simply fun. I highly recommend this book.

This book was given to me to be reviewed by Tyndale House Publishers. I was not paid for this review. All opinions are my own.

No comments: