Sunday, September 19, 2010

Whole Wheat Cookies

I don't just have a sweet tooth; I have all sweet teeth.  So after talking to Mary, my sister-in-law's sister, I found out about her cookie recipe.  It's so yummy and easy and somewhat healthy.  And the coolest thing is that these cookies actually work for me.  Most All cookies I have made while living in Colorado have been as flat as a pancake.  Actually, more like as flat as a piece of paper.  And crunchy.  I hate crunchy cookies.

So I decided to try Mary's method and "healthy" cookie recipe.  They were a hit!  I decided to give some to Bryce and the youngens and sure enough, they even liked them.  Whoop, whoop!  Score!

Mary's Cookies
1/2 stick Crisco - not butter, Crisco
1/2 C sugar
1/4 C brown sugar packed
1 egg unbeaten
1 tsp vanilla
1 C whole wheat flour (OR 3/4 C whole wheat flour and 1/4 C oatmeal; you can add a little more oatmeal if you want a thicker cookie.  The 1/4 C makes a fairly thin one.  "Thin" should not be in the same sentence with cookie unless it precedes the word mint, for goodness sakes.)
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
chocolate chips or raisins or M&Ms
Cream sugars and Crisco with a fork.  Add egg and vanilla and stir.
Mix dry ingredients and add about 1/3 at a time to wet.  Stir in chips.  Bake at 350 degrees for 10 minutes.

After baking these I went around looking for people to share them with so I didn't eat the entire batch.  Look what I found.
Isn't there some sort of child labor law against this sort of thing?

No comments: